Friday, June 1, 2012

June Parent of the Month

This month we would like to recognize Marisol Garcia as our Parent of the Month.


Marisol, a parent of students at Chicago's Edwards School, graciously allowed us to get to know her a little better. Here is what we found out...

SLI: Mariosl, how did you become involved with SLI?
MG: I started attending the Early Childhood workshops when my daughter was in preschool and from there I was invited by the SLI Team to be a volunteer parent facilitator for the Early Childhood workshops at The Edwards Center for Young Learners. Then my daughter started kindergarten and I was asked to join the K,-8 facilitator team and present the parent workshops in the main building at Edwards School. I was delighted to become part of SLI.

SLI: Why do you feel the work that SLI does is important?
MG:  I feel the work of SLI is important because I learn many things for myself and my children. The workshops are very important because they give us information to give to our children and we also learn from them.

SLI: Tell us something interesting about yourself.
MG: I am a very happy person; I love to go to the mall and shop in the stores, go to the movies and I love to spend time with my family.

Thank you so much, Marisol.  We value your dedication to SLI's mission! Congratulations on being named the Parent Volunteer of the month!!


No comments:

Post a Comment